Blinds Installation Engineer – J1299LA
Job Reference: J1299LA
Job Location: Selsey, West Sussex
Job Type: Permanent
Are you an experienced Blinds Installation Engineer? Do you have experience of surveying complex windows? Do you have powered blind installation experience? Are you looking to join a world-class growing manufacturer in an exciting role? Are you able to spend 20 nights away per month (UK and overseas)? If this is you, please read on.
Our client is a high-end luxury, world class, leading design and manufacturing company specialising in blind manufacture. They are seeking an experienced Blinds Installation Engineer to join their growing team near Chichester.
The Blinds Installation Engineer will install and fit our client’s blinds in the UK and overseas and – when not booked – manufacture our client’s blinds. You will be an ambassador for our client’s products.
- Fabricate blinds out to a high standard and in a timely manner ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Survey potential blind installations on both boats and other sites, ensuring all relevant customer data is noted so blinds can be accurately made including templating as necessary.
- Install our client’s blinds at various customer locations, primarily the UK and Europe but also around the world. In doing so it may be necessary to overcome local difficulties and resolve installation problems in the field.
- This work will involve nights away from home and working independently in luxury boats and homes. Long distance travel will be required.
- Before and after digital photographs of all installs
- Once installation completed, get work signed off by the responsible person.
- Provide driving support for Boatshows as requested e.g., driving cars, vans and HGV vehicles as appropriate. Erect and dismantle our client’s boat show stands at selected shows.
- Once you are proficient in the installation there will be a need to train others from our dealer networks.
- Keep up to date and accurate records of hours work and job details for costing purposes.
- Work at other sites as and when requested
- Be responsible and look after the tools acquired belonging to our client. Maintain an inventory- copy to be kept with Sales.
- Undertake other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Production Manager or Directors
Skills & Knowledge
- Surveying complex windows
- Must be numerate
- Powered blind installation
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally written and verbal
- Practical experience preferably in blind and curtain installations
- English & Maths to GCSE or equivalent
- CSCS Card preferable but not essential
- UK driving licence
Personality and personal qualities
- Resilience, able to work to strict deadlines and often long hours
- Mature, professional ambassador for our client as customer facing
- Reliable, tolerant & determined
- Able to get on well with others and be a team player
- Able to spend up to 20 nights away per month â€“ UK and overseas
Please submit your up to date CV, along with your cover letter and salary expectations when applying for this position.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format