Care Assistant – J1321MB
Job Reference: J1321MB
Job Location: Hailsham
Salary: £7.80 - £8 / hour
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Day/Night Care Assistants to work on a rolling rota for this lovely well run care home near Hailsham, great working conditions and fabulous team environment .
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
Hours are 8am – 2pm, 2pm – 8pm, 8am – 8pm, 8pm â€“ 8am
Responsible to: Registered Manager/Registered Nurse/Director
Salary and benefits:
£7.80 – £8.00 per hour plus weekend enhancements Free Training
The Care Assistant is part of the caring team and as such, works with other staff to care for the residents in the Home. The work can be physically and mentally demanding, and the person appointed to the post will be expected to have an understanding off, and sympathy with the residents. Previous experience of working in a Nursing Home environment is an advantage but not essential for the post. All staff are expected to attend training. Manual Handling, Fire, Safe Guarding of Adults, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, and Infection Control are mandatory. You are also to attend two Fire Lectures and one Manual Handling Course per year.
- To report to Nurse in Charge at the beginning and end of each shift.
- To endeavor to promote a high standard of personal behavior. Working well within the team of staff.
- To wear the correct uniform as requested.
- To follow all instructions regarding resident’s welfare.
- To help maintain Nursing Care Plans. To report progress and any change in the residents’ conditions and/or behavior.
- To be polite and courteous to all relatives, visitors, senior staff, and medical staff and other colleagues. All enquiries regarding residents must be referred to the Nurse in Charge.
- To report to the maintenance department any equipment that is not working efficiently or is broken, i.e. bed rails, chairs, commodes, bedpans, hoists, electric lifts, and any furniture, i.e. lockers, windows, curtains, and rails that may require attention.
- To ensure cleanliness of all equipment used on patients.
- To ensure cleanliness of residents’ personal effects, e.g. hairbrushes and combs, dentures, glasses, clothing, shoes, slippers, etc
- To attend to residents’ personal hygiene, e.g. bathing (general and blanket baths), washing hair, cutting finger nails and keeping them clean, referring to chiropodist any resident whose toe nails/feet need attention.
- To assist residents with toileting, using bedpans and commodes as necessary.
- To wash and change incontinent patients.
- To make beds.
- To ensure residents have appropriate pressure area care, in order to prevent, where possible pressure sores from developing and that all pressure areas are treated as directed.
- To welcome new residents into the home.
- To serve meals and assist residents to eat and drink as necessary. To serve drinks in between meals.
- To talk and listen to relatives, and to encourage and support residents in pursuing hobbies, interests and leisure activities.
- To escort residents to hospital appointments, and report back to Nurse in Charge on outcome of visit.
- To put away clean laundry. To ensure that adequate supplies are maintained in rooms and linen cupboards.
- To ensure linen cupboards are kept tidy.
- To clean sluices, cleaning bowls, bed pans and baths.
- To ensure general tidiness of rooms.
- To dispose of residents’ personal laundry in proper containers, and to ensure correct disposal of dirty and fouled bed linen.
- To work the shifts as per rota.
- To be aware of the policies relating to:
- The Prevention of Infection
Accidents to patients, visitors and staff
- Fire Precautions
- Witnessing of wills and other documents
- Non-smoking policy for residents
- Health and Safety
- Reporting Sickness/Absence
- Disciplinary Procedure
- Equal Opportunities
- To attend at least 4 staff meetings a year.
- To undertake any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications: NVQ in care qualification
If you are not qualified for this job we may have an alternative solution for you!
If you are looking to further your career in Care but your GSCE results don’t allow you to do this, we can help you! We are working with a government founded business who want to pay you to complete level 2 English and Maths with the opportunity to complete further qualifications relative to Care (e.g. Care Certificate). Date 21st â€“ 26th August, 6 hours per day, 7.50 / hour
For more details please call 01424 830000
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format