Contact Centre Advisors – J784LA
Job Reference: J784LA
Job Location: Eastbourne
Salary: £16,800 - £18,800
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a leading independent UK provider of telehealth and telecare solutions. They are seeking a Contact Centre Advisor (full-time) to join their team in Eastbourne.
As at 25/9/17 there are currently the following shifts available:
- 4x 8am-1pm 23.3hrs p/w
- 1x 2pm-10pm 35hrs p/w
- 1x Early 6am-2pm 35hrs p/w
- 1x Early 6am-2pm 17.5hrs p/w
Reporting to: Head of Contact Centre
- To provide the highest possible standard of customer care and support at all times whilst always giving priority to the safety and security of service users.
- To advise management immediately of any problems or difficulties experienced with any aspect of system operation or procedure.
- To liaise with social workers, members of the primary care team, carers, emergency services, sheltered housing teams, etc to ensure that the services we provide are co-ordinated with the care and support being provided to service users by other parties.
- To apply consistently the principles of Equal Opportunities, as embodied in the Company’s policies and procedures.
- To answer all calls received through the system in accordance with specified service standards.
- To provide call-handling for the full range of services that the Company provides e.g. out of hours and lone worker etc.
- To respond to calls in accordance with policy and procedures, quickly evaluating the needs of callers and providing advice and assistance as appropriate in the circumstances.
- To respond to telephone enquiries from members of the public, other agencies (e.g. health and social services) customers, colleagues and suppliers etc. in accordance with service standards and with reference to operational procedures.
- To treat all calls as life critical until proved otherwise.
- To update customer records immediately on receipt of new information.
- Record all incidents and events for handover at end of shift.
- To answer and respond to telephone enquiries received from the general public where the Company is contracted to provide such a service by local councils, housing providers and other organisations. Telephones to be answered and callers responded to in accordance with individual contract requirements.
- To buddy and/or mentor new joiners to the Contact Centre as part of ongoing on-the-job training and development.
- Support other departments within the business, as required.
- To undertake such other duties relating to the operations of the service as may be required from time to time.
- To attend training, team meetings as required.
- To promote equality of opportunity in service delivery in all aspects of the role in line with corporate policies, training and procedures.
- To promote a culture which is supportive of the Company’s purpose, aims and values, and to take all reasonable steps to maintain good employee relations.
- Participate fully in promoting a safety culture to protect the safety and health of themselves, colleagues and other people affected by the Company’s activities.
- English GSCE level at grade C or above (or international equivalent)
- Numerate and literate
- Willingness to participate in all training programmes relevant to the role
- Good IT skills
- Energetic, caring and independent person with a flexible approach who is able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Friendly and reassuring telephone manner, good communications and customer service skills. Customer care experience is desirable
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities in service delivery and to giving a quality service/customer care
- Able to learn new things quickly
- Team worker
- Must be able to work shifts over a 24-hour period, early, late and night shift and including weekends
The starting salary will be £16,800 (*pro-rata for part-time positions). After 3 months the salary will rise to £17,300* and after a successful 6-month probation the salary will rise to £18,800*.
PLUS: Enhancements for unsocial hours (between the hours of 10pm and 6am) of 30% of hourly wage (for nights) and 20% of hourly wage (for weekends) The enhancements are paid as a permanent allowance Overtime is paid as basic rate + a 20% enhancement on top
You will be working on a 3 week rolling rota where you will have 1 in 3 weekends off the days worked during the week will change, but not the hours. There may be the potential for more hours and overtime.
Candidates from the health or social sector would be at a distinct advantage.
When applying, please send your most up to date CV in Word format preferably, along with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are the best person for the job, and whether you are interested in the full time or part time position.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format