Customer Service Engineer – J1357HF
Job Reference: J1357HF
Job Location: Eastbourne
Salary: £25k – £28k
Job Type: Permanent
We are working with an outstanding engineering company operating within the pumps industry. They are now looking for a Customer Service Engineer to join their team in Eastbourne.
Purpose of the role
The role of the Customer Services Engineer is to combine technical knowledge with sales skills to provide support, cost and technical information both pre- and after-sales advice to our client’s distributors, customers and internal departments. Through a flexible working approach, whilst working to company procedures, maintain customer satisfaction/ retention by showing the ability to “go the extra mile” to enhance customer service.
The role is a proactive internal position; therefore the requirements to work on your own initiative and as part of a team are essential
Main Tasks, Activities and Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly to customer request whilst adhering to company procedures, this will include but not be limited to:
- Quotations/ acknowledgements and request for information
- Processing of sales orders and entering of standard BOM’s to the manufacturing system when needed.
- Providing technical resource
- Enquiry / quotation follow ups
- Telephone calls both incoming and outgoing
- Provides technical sales support, and after sales technical support.
- Liaise with Distributors, customers, engineering and quality to resolve technical issues.
- To maintain a variety of data and information through databases and spreadsheets relating to markets, distributors and products.
- To maintain contact with colleagues in other disciplines throughout the organisation to aid in the development of new product ideas, ensure prompt action on enquires and other request for support by management.
- Take part in UK pump school activities.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the company.
- Good communication
- Perform duties in a timely, logical & organised manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be adaptable to change
- Accept training where needed
- Commercial awareness
- IT and numerical skills
- Polite, informative and have a professional attitude towards customers, distributors and co- workers.
- Solid technical background – either through HNC or relevant experience
- Knowledge of Rotary Lobe / Circumferential Piston Pumps desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of technology and ERP systems
- Customer services
Salary: £25 – £28K
25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, Westfield Health cash plan, Annual bonus, 3 x life assurance, Company pension Max company contribution 6% as long as employee pays 5%, percentage goes down in increments.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format