General Manager – J1322LA
Job Reference: J1322LA
Job Location: Hastings and surrounding areas
Job Type: Permanent
General Manager required for our well-established client based in East Sussex. Experience of running leisure focused operations is essential, with full P&L account responsibility.
Reporting to: Operations Director
Location: Hastings and surrounding areas
- To review and establish new service standards, determining overall priorities, seeking constant improvement and basing targets upon customer expectations, whilst understanding and delivering the Company policy on service standards
- To identify and implement new opportunities for greater efficiency and improving performance of our client
- To identify ways of ensuring the smooth running of the business and help achieve positive changes by helping others adapt to new situations.
- To take control of new situations and pressures that arise by showing persistence, changes priorities and reorganizing when required
- To plan the work of the team to meet annual targets by prioritising the key tasks and establishing methods that make best use of resources
- To address problems that arise through the assimilation of key information to take effective decisions.
- To understand and apply the key measures of effective business performance for the benefit of our client
- To keep up to date with key legislation and new approaches within the industry to positively affect the business
- To investigate problems that arise with facilities and equipment to establish root causes, determine
- solutions and monitor the progress of the work to ensure swift and safe resolution
- To consider the target audience when communicating and encourage a substantial level of involvement to ensure understanding of issues
- To put across own views and opinions in a clear and constructive manner in one-to-one and small group situations
- To build balanced and high-performance teams and bring together areas with possible conflicting approaches to work towards common goals
- To enhance others performance by giving balanced and constructive feedback to individuals, jointly reviewing and establishing a range of training activities to support their development
ADDITIONAL ROLE SPECIFIC
- To prepare, plan and manage a budget for all resources, including capital expenditure and to monitor and maintain effective control
- To safeguard all licences by ensuring that the operation meets the legal requirements
- Prepare and meet annual operating profit targets
- Maximise occupancy of holiday hire fleet
- Maximise sales with due regard to AUM and profitability, whilst monitoring the quality of sale and associated document in line with the Company’s Dealing Guidelines
- To identify retail opportunities and maximise spends
- To ensure all terms and conditions of sales, licence agreements etc are implemented in line with Company guidelines
- Liaise with the local community, holiday industry and suppliers with a view to improving the effectiveness of the business
- To protect and maintain the Company’s assets
- To prepare and submit to the Operations Director schedules in connection with capital projects, winter maintenance, equipment and replacements
- To attend any relevant training courses as recommended by your Line Manager or the Company
- To communicate with other members, both internally and externally in a professional and courteous manner.
- To work together with your fellow team members to produce standards of excellence within your department and aiming to exceed customer expectations.
- You may at times be required to assist with duties not directly linked to your Job Description but commensurate with your position from time to time.
Salary: iro £50k
When applying, please send your most up to date CV in Word format preferably, along with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are the best person for the job.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format