Manufacturing Engineer – J1358HF
Job Reference: J1358HF
Job Location: Eastbourne
Salary: Salary: £23k -26k
Job Type: Permanent
To be the main point of contact for manufacturing technical issues. Whilst working with cross functional teams, the role requires tasks focused on improving existing products under technical direction. Demonstrating initiative, research, inventiveness, problem solving methodologies and independent judgment in achieving department and business objectives.
• Primary point of contact of any manufacturing issues.
• Investigate performance or build issues reported to determine if it is a quality or design issue, to include verification of initial inspection from shop floor staff.
• Review Product designs to investigate if they are causing build issues targeting simplification and cost reduction.
• Focused on Product improvements and changes, working closely with the shop floor and Engineering to bring rapid results.
• Process Improvement – Introduction, design, develop and implement assembly processes, tooling and methods.
• Improve production efficiencies and maintain the product (and information) flow throughout the organisation.
• Analyse Build data – Review Shop floor build data. Identify problem areas and issues. Investigate and make recommendations for improvement.
• Assist in the design of fixturing, tooling and handling equipment.
• Keep up to date with current manufacturing processes and maintain a good working knowledge of all product lines (Pumps, PDU’s and options).
• Work Instructions – Support to help create, review and maintain work Instructions (Standard Works). Work with Shop floor Supervisor to ensure correct processes are documented, updated and adhered to.
• Improvements – Communicate with Engineering and Suppliers to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvements.
• New Product Introduction – Assist in developing production processes, tooling and procedure for smooth introduction to assembly line.
• Concession Requests – Manage and issue supplier concession requests. Work with Engineering to determine acceptance and maintain records for reference.
• NCR’s – Ensure all rejected purchase parts are correctly recorded on NCR’s – responsibility for creating NCR’s is shared with the persons reporting the Issue.
• Investigate Quality Issues – Internal Issues and CAR (Corrective Action Review)
• Assist in management of buildings and facilities as required.
• Any other duties as needed/required.
• Minimum of two years of experience in product design, fluid flow, rotating equipment, leading projects.
• Use of 3D modeling software (Solid Works)
• Use of inspection equipment (CMM, Vernier and Micrometers)
• Use of Microsoft Office, JDE systems or similar
• Result focused
• Team Player
• Communication and business understanding
• Planning and organizing
• Innovation and improvement
• Able to communicate with stakeholders in a professional manner
• Excellent salary and benefits offered to the successful candidate.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format