Membership & Events Assistant – J1296MB
Job Reference: J1296MB
Job Location: Eastbourne
Job Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a Membership & Events Assistant for our client based in Eastbourne.
To control and provide administrative, accounting, analytical and clerical support for all membership activity, events and communications.
Work Pattern: Flexible hours to be agreed by the candidate and the Company amounting to 25 hours a week.
- To provide first-line communication for members in relation to events, subscriptions, sponsorship and advertising
- To ensure the membership database is kept up to date and managed so that an accurate record is kept of members’ details and payment for events and advertising
- To invoice members for attendance at events, sponsorship and annual membership fees and ensure payment in advance
- To secure sponsorship for our client’s events and advertising for the diary directory
- Working with the team, you will be responsible calling members to promote, sell and secure attendance at events to ensure a high level of attendance at all events. Targets are set for attendance to events
- To liaise with the bookkeeper to monitor event income and expenditure
- To monitor monthly debtor reports with the team according to policy and chase non-payment
- To assist in the organisation of all events
- To provide cover for Town Centre Supervisor as necessary. This will include cover at Sunday markets when Town Centre Supervisor is on leave
- To assist town centre promotional and market bookings and payments
- Undertake drafting and word processing of correspondence, documents and reports
- Perform clerical duties such as photo copying, collecting & distributing post and filing
- To ensure new member packs are sent promptly after payment received and that members follow a customer contact journey as defined by our client’s policy
- Ensure confidentiality of data in accordance with our procedures and the Data Protection Act
- Perform any other job-related task as appropriate and as directed
- Carry out all duties in accordance with statutory obligations and our policies and procedures, including the observation of Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Data Protection and Quality Assurance rules and policies
- Achievement of a good level of general education to A Level standard or equivalent.
- Experience in an administrative role involving contact with the public is essential.
- Good organisational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines demonstrating effective attention to detail
- Computer literate and with a willingness to develop skills in this area.
- A good working knowledge and demonstrable competence of word-processing, spreadsheets and databases on Office 365 software.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and within a large member organisation.
- Ability to work on own initiative to think through problems to find solutions within agreed guidelines.
- Ability to manage workloads effectively.
- Good verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to promote our client in a positive manner.
- Ability to speak confidently and clearly on the phone.
This job description / person specification sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
What’s next? Please email your CV to email@example.com
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format