Office & Events Assistant – J1372LA
Job Reference: J1372LA
Job Location: Selsey, Near Chichester
Salary: Good - on application
Job Type: Permanent
Are you an experienced administrator looking for a new exciting challenge with a marketing edge to it? Have you got experience in helping out at events or would you be excited to do this? Do you have a love of all things boats or furnishings? Are you an excellent multi-tasker? Do you have first class face to face communication skills? Are you able and happy driving a long-wheel-based Sprinter van making some deliveries/collections? If you have knowledge of contract management and tenders, this would be a distinct advantage. This is a really varied and exciting role so please read on if this sounds like it’s the job for you!
Our client is a high-end luxury, world class, leading design and manufacturing company specialising in blind manufacture. They are seeking an Office & Events Assistant to join their growing team near Chichester.
The Office & Events Assistant will provide efficient, effective, professional and confidential administrative and marketing support to the General Office Manager. To assist in boat shows events and some deliveries/collections offsite.
Main Responsibilities include:
- To assist in boat show set ups and break downs
- Assist with travel arrangements i.e. booking Taxis, Hotels
- Drive company vehicles for deliveries/collections
- Management of replacement, maintenance and repair of office equipment
- Assistance with meetings as required i.e. booking room, preparing agenda’s, typing minutes etc.
- Maintaining and updating all relevant spreadsheets
- Order lunches, preparation of refreshments for meetings for visitors
- Meet & greet visitors
- Keep updated all Plans, Maps and Signs displayed in Reception
- Taking delivery of Tesco order
- Preparing stationery sets for new staff
- Printing Job application forms for reception
- Management of stationery cupboard
- Deal with mechanical problems on the fleet cars (book garage, MOTs etc.)
- AA UK & European Travel Insurance
- Check the checklists given by the Factory Cleaner to ensure the European packs are up to date and vehicles are kept clean
- Ensure vehicle policies & procedures kept up to date including congestion charge accounts
- Securing of keys and equipment
- Collection pages
- Compile Fabric collections
- Collate Fabric Books
- Maintain Sales Portfolios
- Respond to Online fabric sample requests
- Binding of booklets/ laminating
- Ordering stationery & toners
- Maintain electronic filing system
- Uploading applications onto PHR portal
- Coordinating staff events: Xmas Lunch, Local community events, Annual inoculations, Staff clothing
- Update Organisation Charts & Information boards
- Organise staff birthday cards/staff anniversaries for MD
Undertake other tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Administration experience essential
- Must have a manual driving licence, largest vehicle to be driven LWB Sprinter
- Must be excellent face to face communicator
- Knowledge and experience of contract management & tenders would be an advantage
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced in Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Outlook
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Must be able to multitask
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be dependable and trustworthy
- Must exercise good customer service skills to both internal and external employees or clients
- Must be self-motivated, focused, and able to work on your own initiative
Please submit your up to date CV, along with your cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria, and salary expectations when applying for this position.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format