Operational Buyer – J1272LA
Job Reference: J1272LA
Job Location: near Chichester
Job Type: Permanent
Are you an experienced Buyer, with a minimum of 2 years supply chain/buying knowledge? Have you worked within a manufacturing environment? Experts in their field, based near Chichester, for over 25 years our client has been providing the world’s leading super yacht designers and production boat builders with custom designed elegant solutions.
The Buyer will be the key link between the supply chain and manufacturing departments to ensure detailed and consistent communication throughout the manufacturing process. Working closely with Manufacturing, Production and Engineering teams, this role will be critical to maintaining an efficient and lean manufacturing workflow. The Buyer will be responsible for supporting manufacturing by the purchasing and expediting of material to specific needs and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain positive relations with existing suppliers through communication of company values, material requirements, and pricing objectives.
- Execute purchase orders for outside services and processes based on requisitions.
- Place purchase orders for materials based on planning reports and approved requisitions.
- Management of vendors regarding material problems, delivery issues, unacceptable quality.
- Prepare, maintain, track order entry of all purchase orders.
- Expedite and manage vendors to achieve OTIF from Vendors.
- Review purchase order acknowledgments to ensure they coincide with the information stated on the purchase order.
- Investigate and resolve purchasing problems associated with components, drawings, part numbers, deliveries and suppliers.
- Coordinate purchasing quality issues with QC department and suppliers.
- Work closely with Sales, Production, Quality and Logistics to ensure a high level of quality and customer service.
- Review opportunities for new supply sources and suitability of materials offered.
- Participate in major contract negotiations with top suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices.
- Where necessary work closely with technical and manufacturing teams to source new and alternative materials and components.
- Invoice coding and sign off.
Support the routine stock cycle counting process.
Carry out other duties of a similar grade that may be reasonably requested from time to time by Management.
Skills & Qualities Required
- Minimum of 2 years supply chain / buying knowledge and experience gained through demonstrable work experience
- Experience of supply chain and purchasing systems
- Ability to prioritize own workload in line with business requirements
- Highly numerical and analytical
- Effective communicator
- Target and results driven
- Knowledge of Inventory planning and forecasting
- Customer focussed
- Ability to resolve problems.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure; self-motivated and team player
- Demonstrable ability to build & maintain relationships at all levels
- Computer literate using MS Office Suite
Interested? Please email your cover letter and cv to email@example.com
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format