Procurement Specialist – J1377HF
Job Reference: J1377HF
Job Location: Hastings
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a leader in the design and manufacturing of niche technology solutions for research and production applications. From simple components to precision and computer-controlled systems, our client works to devise sound, economical solutions for all of their clients engineering needs. They are currently looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team in Hastings.
The primary responsibility is to procure materials, products and services from qualified vendors and to monitor associated costs, quality and delivery as defined by our business model / requirements.
Key Job Elements:
- Purchase components for 2 divisions (this would include raw materials and sub contracted manufactured parts e.g. precision engineered / sheet metal fabrication)
- Create and issue purchase orders to satisfy sales, production and inventory requirements.
- Respond to price and delivery requests from the sales and production departments.
- Within Dynamics AX perform maintenance on the item master and purchase order delivery date fields.
- Analyse inventory levels of tiered products with a view to reducing overall stock holding without compromising customer expectations.
- Utilise inventory management and purchasing strategies (JIT, min/max) in conjunction with Dynamics AX to improve efficiency.
- Coordinate with Product Management / Material Control to develop a structured purchasing plan for products and services.
- Ensure vendor delivery information is confirmed and maintained within Dynamics AX. Â Relay any significant changes to Business Intelligence Coordinator.
- Establish regular communication with vendors and develop a network of contacts thus ensuring an efficient working relationship.
- To be fully conversant with assigned product groups and services and keep up to date with new technology and developments within the industry.Â Full training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Present, when required, statistical data by utilising Dynamics AX and Saturn reporting software.
- In conjunction with Quality and Product Management assist in vendor qualification audits, inspections and negotiations, this may involve travel to meet with vendors at their facilities.
- Purchasing from technical drawings.
- Understanding of how to read drawings
- Understanding of what manufacturing processes are involved.
- Good communication skills
- Positive mental attitude
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s or equivalent
- Job related qualification and/or experience
- Supply chain experience
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook. Power Point)
- Foreign language
- Quality, H&S and ISO experience
- MRP/ERP system experience
Salary: depending on experience
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format