Product Engineer – J994LA
Job Reference: J994LA
Job Location: Selsey
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a world class, leading design and manufacturing company specialising in blind manufacture. They are seeking a Product Engineer to join their team in Selsey.
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Purpose of Role:
- To provide product solutions and technical support to Sales and Manufacturing.
- To improve the quality and efficiency of related processes including custom design work.
- Input to product design and improvement of technical data within our client’s systems.
- To help implement best practice and drive our client’s technical capabilities forward.
- Provide technical support to Sales (and customers).
- Product selection, specification, costing and advice Sales project support.
- Take responsibility for the definition of key product ranges within our client’s systems, documentation and training materials.
- Product and materials testing in conjunction with design and quality where required
- Development and manufacture / procurement of tooling / jigging for production
- Develop and maintain product design standards and configurators in conjunction with design and IT.
- Develop and maintain operator instructions in conjunction with quality department
- Invest product knowledge into appropriate systems translated into clear manufacturing instructions in a timely manner.
- Creation of Bills of Materials / cutting lists, production routings, pre-production / first off assembly of new and custom products.
- Effective liaison with, and support to production, quality and other departments as required.
- Input to design and process improvements and new product value engineering, design for manufacture and assembly.
- Continuous improvement of all processes and activities.
- Create or improve systems to improve quality and reduce repetitive workload.
- Develop plans for product and process change and deliver to agreed targets for cost and timing.
- Other tasks as required from time to time, including problem solving and support at customer
Skills / Qualities Required
- Proactively drive and complete initiatives.
- Ability to provide pragmatic and effective solutions.
- Clear communicator.
- Product design experience – value engineering and design for manufacture.
- Highly computer literate.
- Proficient with office software.
- ERP experience would be an advantage.
- Continuous drive to improve all aspects of the job.
- Experience of implementing lean manufacturing principles, or similar, would be an advantage.
- Willingness to work outside normal hours and at other locations as required
We look forward to receiving your cover note and up to date CV in application for this position.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format