R&D Tax Relief Financial Specialist – J1362HF
Job Reference: J1362HF
Job Location: Bexhill
Salary: £20k - £30k
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a company specialising in Research & Development Tax Relief based in Bexhill. They are seeking a Research & Development Tax Relief Financial Specialist to join their growing team.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
(Potential to work from home 1 day per week once trained)
Accountable to: Managing Director
Qualifications: ATT/AAT part-qualified as an absolute minimum
The duties and knowledge/experience/skills required of position include the following:
- Being a key figure in the financial calculation of Research and Development Tax Relief claims for claims being prepared by the company for clients and strategic partners.
- Assist in the identifying of potential projects during initial discussions with a new client or a strategic partners’ client.
- Attend meetings at client’s or strategic partners’ client’s premises with relevant competent professionals and finance staff to obtain the necessary information from those individuals to be able to prepare the financial elements of an R&D technical report.
- Prepare the financial elements within technical reports and prepare the entire technical report (financial element and technical justification) for some of the smaller claims to support the client’s and strategic partners’ client’s claim for Research and Development Tax Relief
- Be able to defend the reports and the financial details therein in the event of an enquiry from HM Revenue and Customs
- Review other reports from peers as part of a Quality control exercise
- Assist with collection of the technical information in the absence of a technical consultant at a meeting
- Maintaining the company’s CRM system to ensure projects stay on track and deadlines are met for each client being worked upon.
- To assist with billing and other ad hoc tasks relating to the ongoing running of the business.
- Represent the business at networking meetings, exhibitions and shows
- Support the company’s strategic partners’ by proofreading claims, reviewing the financial element of those claims and offering technical advice to less technical people and potentially providing technical training
- Maintain technical and financial competence, by identifying suitable and relevant training as deemed necessary
- Strong understanding of R&D Tax Relief rules
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience preparing the financial elements of technical reports and preferably up to 1 year’s experience of preparing the technical justification for claims for Research and Development Tax Relief for companies, or 1-2 years’ experience writing grant applications and preparing financial calculation for R&D projects.
- Competent with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – intermediate level in Excel, using formulas, lookup tables and pivot tables.
- Numerate and comfortable working with numbers
- A knowledge of Corporation Tax is beneficial
- Able to demonstrate up to date knowledge – continuous personal development, seeking training to expand knowledge.
- Confident in speaking with current and new clients at all levels (from book-keeper to Managing Director) – meeting with clients and discussing research and development
- Able to work independently
- Self-motivated, focused and driven
- Ability to propose improvements/suggestions
- Respecting client confidentiality but at the same time be capable of recognising opportunity to cross refer among clients
- Excellent time management, prioritising workload
- Able to multi-task/track with the ability to work to self and external deadlines
- You must drive and have your own car
Salary: £20k – £30k – depending on experience
Please submit your up to date CV, along with your cover letter.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format