Soft Furnishing Supervisor – J1340LA
Job Reference: J1340LA
Job Location: Selsey, West Sussex
Job Type: Permanent
Do you have hands-on experience working as a Supervisor within a manufacturing environment? Are you experienced with Industrial Sewing Machines? Do you have knowledge of lean manufacturing and 5S? Are you looking to join a world-class growing manufacturer in an exciting role? If this is you, please read on.
Our client is a high-end luxury, world class, leading design and manufacturing company specialising in blind manufacture. They are seeking an experienced Soft Furnishing Supervisor to join their growing team near Chichester.
Reporting to: Business Unit Manager Soft Furnishing
Reports: Machinists, Deputy Supervisor, Cell Leaders, Curtain Makers, Soft Furnishing Operatives and Cloth Cutters.
Purpose of Position
- In liaison with Business Unit Manager to organize labour to achieve build schedules and maximize productivity.
- Be responsible for the assembly of products as part of the Soft Furnishing assembly team.
- OTIF – On time In Full delivery of all products manufactured without exception
- Lead times – To keep lead times to under 2 weeks on standard, 4 weeks on custom products
- Labour Efficiency – To achieve labour hours booked to stock in excess of 80% of the hours paid
- Capacity – To maintain adequate capacity at all time via training, holiday planning & recruitment
- Quality – to reduce the number of defects and warranty returns to an acceptable level
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead your department in a professional manner at all times, providing support to your staff through calm leadership and prompt attention to any problems
- To plan and execute all work in a timely manner in the priority order and schedule order agreed and not to agree to take on additional tasks which conflict without prior discussion with the Strategic planner or the Operations Director.
- To co-ordinate effective planning, purchasing, warehousing and engineering support as may be required to support your monthly production plan, which must be built on time
- To liaise with the Sales department to ensure prompt feedback on customer delays and to provide information for new enquires and new projects in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all staff are suitably cross trained to build all products and use machinery and equipment, ensuring their progress is updated on the company’s appropriate skills matrix.
- Provide assistance in the flexible distribution of labour between departments on a daily basis, as required.
- Assist in reducing raw material wastage and ensure that raw material stock is aligned with build plans and that shortages are communicated to purchasing in a timely manner.
- Drive continuous improvement activities throughout the factory and assist in the introduction of and support and conduct preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Maintain manufacturing KPI (key performance indicator) information.
- Ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Maintain and promote good Health & Safety standards in your area and across the company.
- To promote, follow and enforce all company policies and procedures, laws and guidelines.
- Provide support/backup where necessary to the Operations Director and undertake other tasks as may be requested.
- Lean manufacturing
- Man-Management for up to 15 staff
- Experience working with Industrial Sewing Machines
- Understanding of fabrics, curtain & blind making and compiling textile mood boards.
Please submit your up to date CV, along with your cover letter and salary expectations when applying for this position.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format