Store Manager – J1303MB
Job Reference: J1303MB
Job Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex
Job Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a Store Manager for our client based in Lewes.
Salary: £20,000 per annum
9am AM – 5pm 37.5 hrs p/w – flexibility over working days needed.
Reporting to: Deputy CEO
Overall Purpose of the Post
To manage and develop the running of the store whilst maximising store sales and profits as well as representing our client by reinforcing the charities values.
- Responsible for keeping sufficient stock through contact with donors and customers.
- Organising daily stock collections and deliveries.
- Required to work on the shop floor as well as administration tasks.
- Responsible for supporting staff and volunteers.
- Key holder responsibilities for the sites.
- Provide cover for other sites to meet organisational needs.
- Maximise sales and profits and minimise costs.
- Maximise gift aid income from donations.
- Assist customers viewing and selection of furniture, offering additional support where necessary and making sales.
- Actively support any events and training courses! as directed by senior management.
- Create a vibrant retail shop with enticing displays, creative layouts and excellent customer service.
- Ensure consistent branding in-store.
- Responsible for organising the collection and delivery of goods to ensure the shop is fully stocked with a variety of items and delivery of sold goods is completed as quickly and competently as possible.
- Ensure all items are priced.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to offers and enquiries regarding donations.
- Ensure all electrical items are PAT tested before going on sale.
- Ensure all furniture complies with fire safety regulations.
- Ensure rotation of stock so that no item remains on the shop floor for longer than a period of time specified by senior management.
STAFF SUPERVISION & PREMISES
- Work with the Deputy CEO to ensure recruitment, support, training and retention of suitable staff and volunteers/ trainees.
- To maintain current files on staff and volunteers, keeping appropriate records pertaining to this. To ensure that all such records remain confidential and are securely stored.
- Aid the Deputy CEO in implementing Quality Assurance packages, such as ISO.
- Attend staff and volunteer team meetings, advertising their times to staff and contributing to their success.
- Maintain health & safety procedures at the premises. Ensure the shop is safe for staff and customers.
- Promote volunteer, client and trainee involvement in the shop.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL
- Ensure that all relevant customer details are recorded for monitoring purposes, supply of furniture is receipted and all administrative procedures are done.
- Ensuring staff and volunteers know how to use the tills and effective customer service is maintained.
- Responsible for Petty Cash payments and recording.
- Responsible for accurate till and credit card takings, reconciling any differences.
- Ensure accurate and timely banking of all takings.
- Proactively contribute to budget setting and financial tracking of store performance.
- During times of sickness or absence, cover van driving and/or van assistant duties.
- Contribute positively to manager meetings and organisation wide initiatives.
- Represent our client in a professional manner at external events and fundraisers when required to do so.
- Undertake essential tasks of the Deputy CEO when required to do so.
- Attend training or meetings outside normal working hours, and carry out other reasonable tasks within the remit of Terms and Conditions as required.
- Adhere to all organisational policies and procedures at all times.
- Experience of co-ordinating/leading and managing staff and/or volunteers.
- Possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to get on with a wide range of people â€“ both staff and customers.
- Approachable and supportive.
- Able to manage own workload and prioritise.
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision
- Able to maintain excellent financial records and general administration.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel and e-mail
- A level of physical fitness to be able to drive a van and move heavy items of furniture on a regular basis
- At least 3 years retail experience â€“ shop management.
- Experience of health and safety inspection reports.
- Demonstrable experience of charity retail
- For insurance purposes candidates should be over 25 with a full driving licence
- Experience of ISO 9001 or similar quality standards.
- Experience of merchandising a store.
- Knowledge of antiques and collectables.
- Knowledge of furniture and household goods.
- Experience/knowledge of working with people on the fringe of mainstream society.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format