Transport Manager – J1207HF
Job Reference: J1307HF
Job Location: Robertsbridge
Salary: £30k - £35k
Job Type: Permanent
For our client based in Robertsbridge, East Sussex, we are currently looking for a Transport Manager to join their team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Supervising the planning and scheduling of all delivery vehicles working from Robertsbridge office.
- Oversee the daily planning of vehicle fleet for following days deliveries, ensuring cost effective and efficient scheduling.
- Changing plans as required to maximise resources.
- Accurate input of all work into our client’s system.
- Record all chargeable items in addition to delivery charges, to enable recovery from customers ie congestion charges, cap ups, demurrage, redelivery, wasted trips and wrong information on delivery tickets .
- Oversee the keeping of records for all work completed, checking for accuracy and making sure all records are complete.
- Outside office hours cover over mobile phone. Point of contact for duty phone holder if problems occur
- Ensure vehicles are serviced according to service plan.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
- Reports to Senior Transport Manager.
- Oversee traffic planners
- Day to day management of all drivers.
- Able to complete first line disciplinary sanctions.
SCOPE OF JOB
- Oversee planning of vehicle utilisation for our client and General Haulage fleet.
- Generate work from network of regular customers to maximise vehicle revenue.
- Ensure required resources are available to meet our client’s and other customers peaks and troughs.
- Provide ideas for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Communication to drivers of duties and instructions.
- Maintain good working relationship with onsite customers.
- Communication to our client’s Customer Service Centre.
- Deputise for any traffic office holidays or sickness when required.
- Ensure all system records are accurate and complete including data input by subordinates
- Cover duty phone on rota outside of normal working hours. Point of contact for problems that require management authorisation.
DIMENSIONS AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
- Line management of drivers through support structure.
- Responsible for vehicle efficiency through maximising resources.
- Return loads.
- Where possible two loads per day per vehicle.
- Ensuring best use of all night away drivers.
- Deal with first line disciplinary issues and keep records.
- Day to day dealings with driver queries in office.
- Ensure any problems are communicated upwards when required in a time sensitive method.
- Telephone communication to drivers and customers as required.
- Good basic level of education.
- Minimum age of 25 years
- Good geographic area knowledge.
- CPC preferred
- Over 5 years experience in a similar environment.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee management all vehicles efficiently on a day to day basis.
- Day to day management of Robertsbridge based drivers using support structure when required.
- Point of contact for drivers over telephone for scheduling issues.
- Deal with incoming telephone queries. And ensure all incoming telephones calls are answered promptly.
- Oversee upkeep of all records concerning our client’s billing and service.
- Cap ups / not exceeding targets.
- Congestion charges.
- Excess mileage charges.
- RTWs reasons and weights.
- Multi drops.
- Night run special rates.
- Demurrage charges.
- Accuracy of vehicle and driver information.
- A tickets on miscellaneous aggravation sheets.
- Isle of Wight ferry charges.
- ABC / Golden Arrow charges.
- Ensure all holidays cover and casual drivers is planned.
- Cover Saturdays as per rota.
- Cover duty telephone as per rota.
- Take bookings for specialised vehicles.
- Cover other office duties during sickness or holidays.
- Regular communication with all customers and our client’s call centre.
- Customer relations, internal and external.
- Communicate with Palletforce on daily basis to maximise fleet efficiency.
- General system accuracy.
- Attend meetings with customers and senior management as required.
- Work to tight deadlines when dealing with time sensitive issues.
- Carry out general administration and paperwork accurately and efficiently.
- Carry out system administration accurately and efficiently.
- Keep diary of problems and log any issues.
Salary: £30k – £35k DOE
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format