Latest Jobs Outlook Report is published…..
UK companies look to international expansion | Business intelligence for recruitment and resourcing professionals
International expansion in the next two years is on the cards for one in six (16%) UK employers, according to the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC)’s latest JobsOutlook survey.
This month’s JobsOutlook survey of employers also found that that:
• 87% plan to create more permanent jobs in the next three months
• 74% intend to hire more permanent staff in the medium term
• 46% plan to hire more agency staff in the next three months
• 39% say they will increase use of temporary agency staff over the medium term
• the top reason employers give for using agency workers (68% of respondents) is to gain short-term access to key strategic skills
• 25% have increased headcount in the past year
• 37% say they have no capacity to take on more work without increasing staff numbers
The survey also found concerns among employers about the ongoing driver shortage. Nearly one in five hirers (18%) predict shortages of drivers for permanent roles and 12% are concerned about a shortage of candidates for short-term contracts in the run up to Christmas.
The survey was based on the responses of 600 employers from across the public, private and non-profit sector. The question about international expansion was posed to 200 employers.
If your business would like a copy of the most recent and full Jobs Outlook report, please request this by emailing us at email@example.com