You’re Hired East Sussex – Apprenticeship Campaign Launch 9th March 2015 – Eastbourne, Lewes & Hastings
- You’re Hired East Sussex is a county-wide campaign led by East Sussex County Council in partnership with the National Apprenticeship Service, the district and borough councils, colleges, training providers, Association of Chambers, Federation of Small Businesses, Youth Employability Service and Apprenticeships in Sussex. The campaign will also seek to support 500 work-ready young people into apprenticeships.
- The campaign’s aim is to help local businesses strengthen their workforce, and create job and training opportunities for young people.
- Its objectives are to a) find 500 businesses across the five district and boroughs of East Sussex, who will make a pledge to take on an apprentice; and b) seek to support 500 work-ready young people into apprenticeships. This needs to be achieved in five months.
- The campaign will outline the benefits apprenticeships can bring to businesses, and highlight the support available for businesses considering this route.
- The campaign will kick off on Monday 9 March during National Apprenticeship Week with simultaneous launch events at Eastbourne Town Hall, Stade Hall in Hastings and Lewes Town Hall. At the events, businesses will be able to meet others in the business community, apprentices, and apprenticeship training providers and hear from former HR Director of the Royal Mail and now CEO of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, Kevin Green (TBC).
- The campaign will culminate in a closing ceremony in September to celebrate the number of pledges received from the businesses taking part and the young people beginning their apprenticeships.
- Apprenticeships can help drive a high-skill, high wage economy and give young people the skills they need to hit the ground running. Primarily for 16-24 year olds but older adults too, apprenticeships mean people can earn while they learn, receive on the job training, a wage, and a nationally-recognised qualification at the end of it.
To book onto this event and pledge to take on an apprentice please click on the attached link: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/youre-hired-east-sussex-launch-events-lewes-eastbourne-hastings-registration-15567257085?aff=es2&rank=0