J1325LP – Operational Buyer
Job Reference: J1325LP
Job Location: Crawley
Salary: £14 per hour
Job Type: Temporary
Contract Length: 2 months
Immediate Start Date: Yes
For our client we are looking for a temporary Operational Buyer to join their team in Crawley.
Purpose of the Operational Buyer role:
The Supply Chain team is responsible for the compliant cost effective acquisition of materials and services that are within budget to support the contractual service delivery requirements to clients.
Working in the Supply Chain Team, the Operational Buyer is tasked with the timely placement of purchase orders to ensure the on time in full delivery of materials and services to support the production programme.
The Operation buyer will be expected to secure order acknowledgements and actively expedite material to ensure the on time delivery of material. The Operational Buyer will lead the regular supplier interface meetings and take an active role in the acquisition of compliant expenditure with suppliers, demonstrating professional behaviours, promoting best practice and processes at all times.
Specific Areas of Accountability/Responsibility:
- Processing and the successful placement of compliant and appropriately authorised purchase orders with suppliers, in line with demand without placing our client at risk. Purchase order demands will be committed using system generated demands from the daily MRP run or approved requisitions
- Maintain and update purchase order progress notes and to seek credible and achievable expected delivery dates from suppliers, ensuring that these are in alignment with start of production requirement dates.
- Responsible for reporting status of Open Purchase order status, Non-conforming material returns, reconciliation of supplier Credit note’s and Invoice query resolution
- Attend production meetings as scheduled by the Production manager and be able to provide material availability updates as demanded by the production plan
- Expediting of material, includes managing backorders and forward orders, responsibility for the open order integrity and ownership of allocated order book
- Ensure that suppliers are in receipt of up to date purchase orders and all subsequent revisions
- Work closely with the Tactical Planner to ensure awareness of new customer sales orders and responding to material demands.
- Daily review of open order delivery dates to ensure they are aligned with the Start of Production dates which may include moving demands out or pulling in orders early.
- Contribution to the functional cost savings targets and identification of potential cost savings.
- Prompt placement of purchase orders to support Customer material demands and subsequent delivery of materials to the warehouse, including the response to AOG/urgent requirements raised by the Customer support team
- Monitor and report on supplier commitments, including the due dates of materials into the organisation
- Responsible for the Management of supplier on time delivery performance for the allocated category.
- Responsible for managing allocated category goods inward defects & queries promptly.
- Represent and promote the Supply Chain at key stakeholder meetings.
- Previous exposure to a Supply Chain role is essential.
- Experience of delivering a high quality service in a fast paced procurement environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to develop good relationships with people at all levels.
- Able to multi-task and manage own time effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards all types of work (a positive ‘can do’ attitude)
- Experience of using MS Office, MRP systems e.g. SAP, Access or similar
- Previous experience in an Supply Chain role is essential (3-5 years)
- Exposure to Aviation requirements and standards preferred but not essential
- Ability to interpret and implement the supply chain strategies and category plans
- CIPS qualification or studying towards preferred but not essential
- Have a strong supply chain ethos with associated high standards
- Ability to manage priority tasking & scheduling
- Decision-making to prevent stock outs and interruptions to the supply chain
- Influencing and leading stakeholders
- Able communicator – verbal and written
- Promote and develop a team approach in work
Salary: £14 per hour Looking to be a 2 month assignment.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format