Workshop Technician PCV/PSV – J1407LP
Job Reference: J1407LP
Job Location: Southall
Salary: £18 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Contract Length: Until 31.12.2019
Immediate Start Date: Yes
An opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Technician to work for a very prestigious and well-known car and bus manufacturer. The role will be based in the Southall service centre and would suit someone who has previous experience of working in a similar role within a PCV/PSV vehicle environment.
This role will be FTC until 31.12.2019
Purpose of the position:
To undertake a high standard, effective diagnosis, repairs and maintenance on the PCV/PSV vehicles ensuring all work is carried out within the set times following Health and Safety laws and policies as well as ensuring all accurate administrative records are maintained.
- To carry out inspections to VOSA or Mercedes Benz required standard.
- To communicate with Line Manager/Shift Controller/Senior Technician regarding vehicle repair status and ensuring deadlines are met.
- To ensure ongoing self-assessments and development of technical knowledge.
- Maintain upkeep and condition of all equipment, tools, fixtures and fabric of workshop/company premises.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standards and in compliance with legal or company standards as well as to ensure all relevant Health and safety Laws and policies are followed.
A recognised Motor Industry qualification/apprenticeship
Experience (Type of)
Subsequent employment in a similar role within a motor vehicle environment.
- An in depth practical knowledge of mechanical and electrical workings of a wide range of motor vehicles, PCV driving licence would be advantageous.
- Good verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work on your own are essential.
- Ability to inspect a vehicle to VOSA standards.
Salary: £18 per hour
Hours: 39 per week + Overtime available
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
Click the link below for an application form. Please forward with your up to date CV – ideally in Word format.Application Form in Word format