Are you looking for work? In a new job? Working on your CV, or getting ready for an interview?
There are some vital things that you need to consider about yourself that you can’t write down on a bit of paper. Things that are essential about you as a person. They don’t require anything extra and they are things that future employers are definitely looking for. Here are my 10 suggestions, do you have any others?
- Be on time – Preferably early. If for an interview, it will give you time to relax and calm down before the questions start. If for your day at work, it will give you time to get a drink, get your PC switched on and ready to start.
- Work Ethic – A value that is based on hard work, loyalty and commitment.
- Effort – That age old saying: you get out what you put in.
- Body Language – This says a lot about your mood, how you are feeling about, work, life or a certain situation.
- Energy – if you ooze energy it will show in your work
- Attitude – A positive attitude will help you get things achieved. Saying “I can” rather than “I can’t”.
- Passion – Show passion in your abilities and the work that you do. It will come across as very positive.
- Being Coachable – Be willing to listen and to learn.
- Doing Extra – you can always do more; it will show you in a positive light amongst your colleagues and management.
- Being Prepared – be ready for your interview or your day at work. Have you needed to do research? Have you needed to get lunch made? Etc.
Can you think of any more?
At the RSE Group we can help you with all of these. If you want a few pointers, why not give Leanne Atkins a call 01424 830000