Jim is a team player and people person, having run businesses for over 20 years as well as organising sporting clubs and business groups. His experienced eye makes the difference and will spot opportunities and will always provide solutions from a depth of business knowledge. An empathetic, listening and understanding approach brings out the strengths and focuses on improving performance whilst managing weaknesses with new ideas and creative thinking.
Jim delivers business coaching with the ability to focus the business owner on their key strengths whilst helping develop the business and resolve the operational issues. His mentoring works alongside the owners and key staff, encouraging vision, aspiration and accomplishment. His energy, enthusiasm and enjoyment of the business environment promotes positivity and a continued hunger for achievement. As a consultant and coach, he has won business awards and major contracts, game changing dynamics, taking companies to new levels. His allegiances to the sporting world, which now includes a cycle ride from London to Paris, brings out his competitive spirit, as well as the stamina to see the task through. This reinforces the values of both coaching and mentoring in a balanced life style between work and pleasure.
Providing astute commercial acumen, Jim has a powerful track record of building successful businesses both as owner and consultant, both organically and through acquisition. He has grown a business from start up to £4million turnover, turned a depressed business around, allowing its sale for over £2million. Another long-standing client of 8 years, continues to successfully forge ahead, with very effective digital marketing after an original phoenix financial restructuring at the start of the process. He is also founder member and principal driving force behind a well-established group of 30 business specialists who support each other through networking opportunities providing leading edge skills and services to businesses.
The importance of strong communication and building up accurate information for better decision-making lays the stepping stones towards strong and decisive leadership. With his breadth of knowledge, strong business ethos and analytical experience, Jim delivers a new dimension from an outside set of eyes, provoking innovative thinking and a focus for success.
- MD for 20+ years, with general all-round experience of running businesses both in manufacturing and the service sector
- Business coaching & mentoring for 10+ years
- Business advice, SFEDI qualified business advisor having reviewed over 300 businesses on behalf of Business Link
- Business development background, start-ups, Micro & SME’s identifying opportunities, broad range of sectors
- Strategic planning and business positioning working with owners and managers to achieve goals and objectives
- Sales management and team development
- Staff development, skills analysis matrix, appraisals and self-assessments
- Business acquisitions
- Importing & foreign business opportunities
- Business development & identifying growth opportunities