Account Manager – J1827ME
Our client is an established and successful full-service events agency on the Sussex coast that serves the UK and Europe. Their prime focus is live events, marketing events, summits, exhibition stand design and build, conference production and special builds and experiential. The winners in this sector will be those with the vision to turn technology into real and practical applications that deliver a different proposition in a busy market. They already have an impressive customer list of household brands.
We will be pleased to provide our clients company name to qualified candidates at the end of the first screening telephone interview.
The Account Manager (AM) will work closely with the Senior Account Manager and client to deliver the account event programme for one or more major client accounts and will have a responsibility for the smooth delivery of all client account business through the agency. They will be the day to day contact for the client, responsible for the delivery of all activities across a client’s account and will lead internal account meetings, supporting the SAM with external account meetings
- Take responsibility for delivery of activities across a client’s account
- Prepare for and lead client and internal account meetings following up with notes and actions, ensuring attendees accountable
- Adopt a solutions-focused approach to client account management
- Write detailed client briefs and/or define an activity’s scope of works
- Proactively manage client change requests and effectively log all client sign-offs
- Manage the internal process efficiently to ensure maximum profitability
- Write concise meeting notes and actions
- Client visits, meeting potential clients, and following up proposals/pitches
- Manage and resolve conflicts with clients
- Establish and look after budgets with the client and company
- Meet time deadlines for accounts
- Review of team KPIs and provision of appropriate training and support
- Ensuring clients are contacted on a regular basis and that their needs are anticipated and met by the Project Managers and other delivery teams
- Review and management of client renewal activity, ensuring our market leading renewal rates are maintained or improved
- Provision of technical support and assistance throughout the contract life-time
- Development and maintenance of strong customer relationships via telephone, email and face to face meetings
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure contract administration
- GCSE in Maths at Grade C or equivalent
- GCSE in English at Grade C or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Proven track record of business development and account management responsibility
- Proven track record of people management
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Previous experience in the industry, i.e. print house, signage fabrication, conferencing, modular exhibition display or custom exhibition
- Previous experience managing a client account with an annual spend of £400k+
The Account Manager will be a responsive and strong communicator and will have proven organisational skills for an account of this size and complexity. They will have responsibility for managing the quality assurance and will guarantee a high level of customer service.
They must have a passion for delivering the most effective events and delivering a tangible return on investment for a client. Hands on marketing, account implementation and creativity are key aspects and requirements required for this role. In order to be successful, they will have a detailed working knowledge of the events industry.
The post-holder must have a confident and enthusiastic approach to both the events industry and the client’s industry and must be committed to delivering excellent customer service.
Our client have new refurbished offices on the Sussex coast where’s there is already an excellent working environment. But you’ll often be out with your team and travelling to meet clients.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
£28,000 – £36,000 dependent on experience
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.