Applications Engineer – J1774BB
We are working with a highly innovative manufacturing and engineering company based in Eastbourne. They are market leaders with ambitious growth plans worldwide and are an accredited institution of Mechanical Engineers.
They are looking for an experienced Applications Engineer to join their team.
Summary of Role
To provide support for the external sales activity both for Domestic and Export markets. The level of support will extend from the pre-sales to post sales and will involve assisting potential orders from the enquiry stage through to order, fulfilling contractual obligations and maintaining an acceptable level of contact with the client. This will also include post-sale follow up and through life maximisation of sales.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Receive and respond to incoming enquiries of all nature
- Carry out technical evaluations of clients’ needs and develop proposals in line with the guidelines
- Where necessary raise contract documentation and continue to be the contact point for the client as the contract runs its duration
- Continually communicate to relevant external sales manager the level of activity within a given area
- To operate within bid deadlines and contractual guidelines set down by the client
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that contractual requirements are met
- Liaise with clients when required to ensure interpretation of the contract and specifications
- Assist the relevant project’s engineer with order execution where appropriate
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communication is essential at all levels
- Good knowledge of pump applications and processes
- HND or Degree in engineering required
- Ideally, a good level of awareness of manufacturing processes and overall quality systems
- A methodical approach with attention to detail
- The ability to make decisions within the level of authority and take responsibility for these
Level of Authority
- Supporting sales and contracts from values up to $2m.
- To make recommendations for system change and improvement.
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving / Trouble Shooting
- Decision making
- Strong Communication skills
- Chemical processes
- Pump applications
- Sales experience
- Qualified Engineer
Factory Location but travel may be required to support the external sales team or customer visit to attend technical evaluation of a bid, some travel may also be required to help train channel partners or sales team.
Salary: £26k – £31k depending on experience + potential bonus, along with excellent benefits
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please send your updated CV and cover letter, along with salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.