J1731LA – Blinds Installation Engineer – UK
Our world class manufacturing client based near Chichester are going through a period of growth and are seeking an experienced Installations Engineer to install and fit blinds in the UK and overseas and also to assist in the manufacture of said blinds. You will be an ambassador for the company and their products.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Fabricate blinds out to a high standard and in a timely manner ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Survey potential blind installations on both boats and other sites, ensuring all relevant customer data is noted so blinds can be accurately made including templating as necessary.
- Install blinds at various customer locations, primarily the UK and Europe but also around the world. In doing so it may be necessary to overcome local difficulties and resolve installation problems in the field.
- This work will involve nights away from home and working independently in luxury boats and homes. Long distance travel will be required.
- “Before and after” digital photographs of all installs
- Once installation completed, get work signed off by the responsible person.
- Provide driving support for Boatshows as requested – e.g., driving cars, vans and HGV vehicles as appropriate. Erect and dismantle boat show stands at selected shows.
- Once you are proficient in the installation there will be a need to train others from our dealer networks.
- Keep up to date and accurate records of hours work and job details for costing purposes.
- Work at other sites as and when requested
- Be responsible and look after the tools acquired belonging to the company. Maintain an inventory- copy to be kept with Sales.
- Undertake other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Production Manager or Directors of the company.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are followed at all times and that employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others.
- English & Maths to GCSE or equivalent
- CSCS Card preferable but not essential
- UK driving licence
- Practical experience in blind and curtain installations
Skills & Knowledge:
- Surveying complex windows
- Must be numerate
- Powered blind installation
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally – written and verbal
- Manual dexterity and proven practical abilities
- Excellent customer focus and attention to detail
Personality and personal qualities required for this role:
- Resilience, able to work to strict deadlines and often long hours
- Mature, professional ambassador as customer facing
- Reliable, tolerant & determined
- Well-presented & business-like
- Able to get on well with others and be a team player
- Able to spend up to 20 nights away per month – UK and overseas
If you meet the criteria above for this role and are interested, please apply with your up to date CV and cover letter detailing your salary expectations.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.