BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – DIGITAL AGENCY
East Sussex – OTE £50k – £55k
Most people can smell bullshit a mile off. The fresh fragrance of honesty, simplicity, quality and team work has blown that away. If you’re a B2B Business Developer who knows how to present solutions rather than a price, and would like to be the face of something ethical, don’t hold back. Your values may be tested. They should be. Values that crumble quickly aren’t really values.
This “agile” digital agency designs and builds exceptional website, apps, ecommerce and job management systems for SME’s across the country. The company has grown substantially by referral and recommendation, and now feel confident about taking a more assertive market position.
We will be pleased to provide our clients company name to qualified candidates at the end of the first screening telephone interview.
It’s all about growth. New growth.
You will set and agree a plan that opens new doors to new recurring revenue streams. You’ll identify your targets and take careful aim. Those targets will be mid-market organisations in growth who are ready to invest in new technology to build their businesses, and also to become more efficient and predictable.
You’ll not be offering off-the-shelf solutions, so you’ll be thorough in your needs analysis before offering sustainable solutions that stand the test of time, and yet are also capable of responding to technological and market developments.
The company has a suite of resources and skills in-house that means they’re self-sufficient and in control of all the moving parts. This gives you a strong market position, not just locally across the South East, but nationwide too. You can offer unique propositions to the prospect that enables them to take new and unique market positions. That’s always a good thing.
This is a role where success builds your next career opportunity.
You will be a professional B2B sales person who can demonstrate a maturity of behaviour and purpose. The successful candidate will come with a wide range of different experiences, but they will meet the following specific skills and attributes:
- You have a strong, demonstrable, and recent experience selling across multiple sectors and able to speak their language with authority.
- You’re used to working in an “agile” environment.
- You can craft professional solution-based proposals and quotes, present them to individuals, or boards, and close the deal.
- You’re used to managing complex deals, sometimes with multiple stakeholders – and always with senior manager sign-off – and variable sales cycles – in some cases up to 6 months.
- Excellent negotiation skills – And that’s not just negotiation on price.
- Excellent formal and informal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You’re organised. Very organised. You may have been a Project Manager in a past life.
- Like we said earlier. You have values. You will be able to demonstrate you’ve thought about them.
Specific sector experience isn’t as important – although it may be useful. What counts is sensitivity to a wide range of audiences, and the ability to create interest with proven commercial purpose.
And lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you don’t need to be a technological giant (the company has those in abundance), but you will need an understanding of the principles – enough to know what makes great questions to understand prospects commercial needs.
LOCATION & HOURS
Our client’s modern offices are in the Eastbourne general area. It’s a 37.5-hour week, but due to the nature of the work, it’s not always a predictable 9 to 5 existence.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Base salary is not cast in stone, and depends on skills and experience, but On Target Earnings are likely to be IRO £50k to £55k with a mix of basic salary and commission, but the commission no so highly geared it encourages the wrong sort of sales behaviours. Car/travel allowance is also available.
- Participating in Burger Day, Cake Week, that sort of thing and other company social events
- No Cramming, all-nighters or other agency bullshit
- Flexible working hours
- Easy parking and near the rail station
Two client interviews will be held, after a screening call and interview with Martin Ellis of the RSE Group.
Executive Search and Recruitment
The RSE Group
Mob: 07823 887982
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.