An experienced CAD Technician is required for a growing manufacturing company near Chichester, West Sussex.
The CAD Technician will support with drafting and maintaining the company’s engineering database and generic bills of material.
Within the role of CAD Technician, you will support the product designers and engineering team with drafting as necessary and create sales support drawings for a wide range of internationally based customers using the company’s custom products in specific applications.
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:-
- Production of 2D drawings to support Sales and Manufacturing
- Ensuring drawings are correctly issued, labelled, saved electronically and detailed to applicable engineering standards
- Work to guidelines given as required for product designs, meeting recognized standards
- Problem resolution
- Maintenance of accurate records of superseded designs and drawing data
- Production of drawings and schemes for sales purposes
- Development and implementation of corrective actions/preventative measures
- Templating and converting templates to CAD format
- Product evaluation and improvements
- Day to day Drawing Office duties
- Managing Bills of Materials
- Assist Production and Production Engineering with the development of product improvements
- Assist engineering with development of design standards
- Assist with the design and development of new products
- Use company engineering procedures such as ECN and ETCR
- Any other reasonable tasks associated with the day-to-day running of the business
- Production of detail and general arrangement drawings to provide an accurate record of the Company’s products in both 2D and 3D
- Exploded parts diagrams for products
- Product development as directed
- Travel / site work /site visits to template and install as appropriate
- Implementation and management of the CAD database modification system with respect to the updating and issuing of change notes together with revised issue drawings / bills of materials
The salary for this role is available on application.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please send your updated CV and cover letter, along with your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.