Cell Technician – High-Level Assembly – J1689
Reports to: HLA Steam Manager
Our client is an outstanding Manufacturing Company, Est in the 1960’s and still growing. They create and develop some of the most advanced vacuum systems. They design, deliver and support and are well known for their excellent service and innovative ideas.
They are currently seeking a Cell Technician to join their Assembly team. The role will be based in their new state of the art offices/warehouse.
Assembly of UHV Manipulation & sample handling sub-assemblies including pre-test data recording and QC evaluation
- Precision hand assembly of instruments in accordance with engineering drawings & manufacturing instructions
- Cary out specialist UHV compatible instrument wiring & electrical pre-testing of instruments
- Maintain ‘UHV clean’ process standards with all ‘in vacuum’ component parts and sub-assemblies
- Support transition of new hardware from NPI through to routine production including writing any required manufacturing information documents & guides
- Maintaining and updating existing manufacturing instructions
- Support the maintenance of departmental records, particularly test data, quality control information and serial numbering of instruments to provide a navigable history of future service and support
Indicative Performance Measures
- Achieve first-time test pass rate on products
- On time delivery as per schedule
- Previous experience in a high technology manufacturing environment or clean room
- Ideally, a relevant engineering degree/HND e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, QBE candidates can be considered
- Familiarity with the production of UHV compatible devices & instrumentation that utilises electron optics & ion optics principals would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a low volume customised product manufacturing environment is preferred. Ideally yielding a broad understanding and appreciation of precision hand fitting techniques, specialist wiring and product test procedures
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.