Chief Exhibition Stand Installer – J1829HF
Our client is an established and successful full-service events agency on the Sussex coast that serves the UK and Europe. Their prime focus is live events, marketing events, summits, exhibition stand design and build, conference production and special builds and experiential. The winners in this sector will be those with the vision to turn technology into real and practical applications that deliver a different proposition in a busy market. They already have an impressive customer list of household brands.
We will be pleased to provide our clients company name to qualified candidates at the end of the first screening telephone interview.
The role of a Chief Exhibition Stand Installer is a critical position. A chief Exhibition Stand Installer must have an excellent grasp of production techniques, costs and deadlines along with the ability to direct and manage an installation Team. Being an events and exhibition expert, an Exhibition Stand Installer must provide up-to-date advice to the production team and must be committed to delivering the highest quality products and services. Furthermore, lead junior team members and direct contractors acting as the “crew chief” throughout each installation. Responsible for identifying staff training needs and providing training when required.
An Exhibition Stand Installer is responsible for all aspects of an install and de-rig of a project. The Installer will work closely with the Workshop Manager, the Workshop Team, Production Managers and contractors to ensure the successful production, preparation and installation of products. The role of the Exhibition Stand Installer is not limited to events and exhibition builds, but it extends to other kinds of installs, such as shop-fittings, live-events (e.g. exhibitions or conferences), signage installs or building works (this list is not exhaustive).
- Maintaining good staff moral
- Leading junior team members and contractors in the capacity of “Crew Chief”
- Identifying the training needs of team members and delivering training where appropriate
- Providing timely feedback to other employees and contractors focussing on the positive and points for improvement
- Organising and completing site surveys in conjunction with Workshop Manager and Production Managers
- Providing detailed feedback from the site survey with regards to installation requirements as well as product specifications
- Preparing installations and de-rigs – including the preparation of checklists, graphics, tools, safety equipment and vehicles
- Obtaining costs from suppliers and ensuring compliance with agreed specification
- Preparing of installation schedules (where required)
- Reading, understanding and acting upon pre-defined event regulations
- Reading, understanding and acting upon Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) for picking, packing, handling, loading, transport, install, de-rig and return to store
- Liaising with the client to arrange installations (where applicable)
- Checking all elements of a project before loading
- Liaising with the client on-site and providing regular updates
- Communicating confidently with the Production Managers, being proactive to update throughout the installation phase
- Resolving minor issues on-site and preventing major issues occurring
- Seeking written sign-offs from Production Managers, and where applicable, clients
- Providing update to the office before leaving site, highlighting any potential issues
- Completing production documents and returning these to the relevant person in due time
- GCSE in Maths at Grade C or equivalent
- GCSE in English at Grade C or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Excellent coordination and organisation skills
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Good level of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Background in logistics management i.e. transport, storage, maintenance
- Understanding of UK geography
- Previous industry experience exhibition building, carpentry workshop, signage fabrication, conferencing, modular exhibition display or custom exhibition
Our client have new refurbished offices on the Sussex coast where’s there is already an excellent working environment. But you’ll often be out with your team and travelling to events. Formally, It’s a 40 hour week, but likely to be more during their peak periods! Over-time paid.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
£28,000 – £35,000 dependent on experience
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.