We are working with a highly innovative pumps technology company. They are market leaders with ambitious growth plans worldwide and are an accredited institution of Mechanical Engineers.
Summary of Role
To generate Client Documentation, mainly in the form of 2D Installation drawings to a high standard, with the intention to move into designing and developing product in 3D using NX and TeamCenter tools.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Generating 2D drawings using Draftsight.
- Support the rest of the business with Engineering related issues. Assisting the Supply Chain to ensure Engineering defined information can be sourced and manufactured. Aid Customer Service with understanding root cause of product issues and development ideas, as well as supporting internal Sales with technical knowledge and guidance.
- Ensure targets are on-track, reporting issues and using initiative and innovation to problem solve and aid in growth.
- Carry out business development and continuous improvement activities, finding the root-cause and implementing preventive solutions.
- Managing the expectations of both internal and external customers.
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Draftsight / AutoCAD experience.
- Qualified mechanical engineer (HNC or degree level)
- A sound engineering background with hands-on experience of rotating mechanical equipment.
- Proven analytical experience and evidence of creating robust engineering solutions.
- Driven with strong interpersonal skills and good communication.
- Spatial awareness to understand engineering drawings and visualise opportunities, improvements or problem solve.
- Show the ability to be an integral part of and lead a team.
- ERP/MRP experience
- Experience with ‘JD Edwards’.
- Experience with ‘TeamCenter’ and ‘NX’.
- Operational understanding.
- Some knowledge of fluid handling would be useful.
- Understanding of Design Control.
Level of Authority
- A suitable candidate will report to the Line Manager, but is expected to develop a degree of autonomy within a short space of time and be able to influence decisions made throughout the business.
- Direct support and contribution to engineering contracts valued at hundreds of thousands of pounds.
- Making product and design decisions and recommendations for change, based on sound engineering principles.
- Be accountable for the work produced.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.