Development Engineer – J1736
Our client is an outstanding Manufacturing Company, Est in the 1960’s and still growing. They create and develop some of the most advanced vacuum systems. They design, deliver and support and are well known for their excellent service and innovative ideas.
They are currently seeking an experienced Development Engineer to join their growing team, based in their new state of the art offices/warehouse.
As the Development Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Engineering team ensuring products are delivered on time, to specification and within budget and to the best Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) principles. You will be required to provide manufacturing engineering support for the design and development team, as well as lead and contribute to projects that reduce costs and improve/maintain quality.
- Maintain project management processes and deliver development projects on budget and time
- Perform feasibility study on select NPI’s
- Check detail drawings to BS 8888 (308)
- Locate new and maintain existing supplier collaboration partners for product developments
- Create BOM’s and planning sheets for new products & systems.
- Carry out FMEA
- Identify cost-out opportunities in the current range and define and deliver on projects
- Support sourcing and actively take part in in/outsourcing projects to improve profitability
- Support manufacturing and actively take part in in/outsourcing projects to improve profitability
Technical Innovation and Competitive position
- Keep up to date with technical innovation in the UHV & manufacturing areas
- Understand competitive position and perform reverse engineering and bench marking of competitive products
- Support the engineering change system in a timely and controlled manner, calling upon other team members to assist when appropriate. Ensure up to date drawings are available in manufacturing
- Root cause engineering problems and seek to eliminate
- Provide engineering support for quotations and technical inquiries
- Provide timely production engineering support for custom orders to agreed dead lines
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to improve quality through redesign/production engineering
People and budget
- Assist in providing data on metrics for display publicly
- Provide technical support to other team members and help them to check their work
- Ensure that team is aware of current ‘best practices’ for DFM
- Ensure that drawing numbers are allocated correctly and that the registers are maintained.
- Liaise with department leaders to maintain open communication with them and their reports
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA)
- Root cause analysis
- Production Engineering of components and assemblies
- Project costing & quotation
- Ability to read Technical drawings
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics
- 3 years’ experience working within a similar role
- HNC/D in Mechanical and Production Engineering
Starting salary is £40,000
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.