Events Project Manager – J1830HF
Do you have at least 2years experience of exhibition or event management?
Do you have at least 2years experience in project management?
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing event management agencies outside of London
Summary of Responsibilities
The Events Project Manager (EPM) will work closely with the (Senior) Account Manager and client teams to deliver events. As advanced users of Excel, they will have overall responsibility for the event schedule/MEL, booking of event spaces and will manage effective two-way communication between the client and internal delivery teams.
Events must be delivered safely, competently, professionally and profitably. The post-holder must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent coordination and organisation skills
- Project management skills to suit a variety of types of projects, including, but not limited to: exhibitions and live events
- Advanced Excel skills enabling the efficient management of data and information from a variety of sources
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail enabling a rigorous review of documentation and data, and a willingness to maintain high standards
- Commitment to delivering an event on time, to budget, to a high-quality standard.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Work collaboratively with Logistics / Events Coordinator(s) to meet the logistical demands of a client account
- Develop and implement stringent controls to avoid data entry mistakes
- Cross-check information from a variety of sources to maintain accuracy
- Read, understand and act upon pre-defined event regulations
- Facilitate real-time communication with the client when information is time sensitive
- Provide regular and clear updates to Account Manager
- Manage and take overall responsibility for the client’s event schedule, with quarterly reviews to ensure accuracy and enable effective planning
- Manage a robust change control process to ensure events to be added or removed are approved by the client
- Manage event bookings and negotiation of rates, taking advantage of early bird rates
- Present relevant information to installation teams or client teams for each event
- Collaborate with other Logistics/Events Managers to our efficiencies, avoiding duplication of effort
- Develop stand layouts to meet objectives
- Request the support of dedicated Production Managers (PM) for larger, more complex events
- Maintain an up-to-date graphics log enabling the client to understand where images have been deployed/used allowing for quick withdrawal or replacement when required
- Purchase event space, goods and services in-line with company procedures
- Prepare and maintain accurate budgets that meet an agreed profit margin
- Clearly communicate the critical project dates to the appropriate people (internal and client) and the management of thereafter
- Prepare production schedules
- Seek written sign-offs, keeping record to ensure trackable
- Invoice in accordance with agreed client payment terms
- Oversee the creation and amends for CAD plans and graphic specification documents
- Prepare health and safety documentation (as required)
- Plan and overcome potential site hazards with installation teams
- Ensure billable hours are understood by delivery teams and activity is completed within agreed budgeted hours
- Arrange and overseeing the client approval, transport, handling, storing and/or disposal of assets for an event
- Review projects and identifying lessons learned
- Support our internal process for continual improvement
- Keep a clear and auditable written record of all key decisions throughout a project’s lifecycle, which complies with ISO 9001 requirements
- Implement lessons learned to improve personal skills and knowledge
- The Events Manager assists the Account Manager to deliver events from exhibition stands, conferences to music festivals and product launches. It provides ‘on-the-job’ training to deliver projects to some of the most successful companies in the UK and Internationally.
- GCSE in Maths at Grade C or equivalent
- GCSE in English at Grade C or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Strong project management skills
- Planning and time management skills.
- You also need advanced IT skills e.g. MS Office – especially Excel
Our client has newly refurbished offices on the Sussex coast where’s there’s already an excellent working environment. But you’ll often be out with your team and travelling to meet clients.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
£30,000 – £34,000 dependent on experience
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.