East Sussex – Circa £45k – Engineering/Manufacturing
Most senior finance roles have a wide span of control. This has more. Mainly caused by growth and expansion. If that sounds intriguing – read on…….
OUR CLIENT COMPANY
Based in Eastbourne you will be working for a highly successful engineering and manufacturing company with creativity at its core. The company has grown substantially in recent years and plans to continue that growth. They have a strong market position both in the UK and Internationally and a team that work together creating bespoke pieces, using hand crafted and traditional methods. They are looking for a Finance Manager, to replace a long-standing member of the team.
We will be pleased to provide our clients company name to qualified candidates at the end of the first screening telephone interview.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this is a very hands-on role, along with the support of a Finance Assistant.
You’ll be responsible for production, accuracy, analysis and reporting of all the finance elements including the production of the accounts, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow, invoicing, credit control, purchase ledger, payroll, banking and tax. You’ll be the Finance Partner to the senior management team, and also report to the Group Finance Director to ensure consistent and best practice is applied.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years experienced, post qualification
- Excellent excel skills – pivot tables, vlookup etc
- Knowledge of and experience working within an engineering / manufacturing /process environment.
- Experience of small company pc-based accounting software e.g. QuickBooks and/or Sage.
- Experience of International trading and handling foreign transactions.
- Knowledge of Import & Export procedures and pricing models.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels and operate as a trusted partner to the management team.
- Payroll experience.
- Experience of working within a Private Equity Group and having knowledge and understanding of intercompany transactions.
LOCATION & HOURS
Our client is currently based in Eastbourne but is planning a premises move to cope with growth. This should happen in about a year and they’ll stay in the local area.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Our client offers a basic salary in the region of £42k – £45k depending on skills and experience. There’s an additional benefits package that you’d expect from a reputable and ambitious employer.
INTERVIEW PROCESS AND STARTING DATE:
The target start date is as soon as practically possible depending on notice periods. Before will be a screening interview with Martin Ellis of the RSE Group. Thereafter will be two interviews at our client’s offices.
Executive Search and Recruitment
RSE Group Ltd
Mob: 07823 887982
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.