Head of HR – J1811LA
We are currently working with an outstanding charity based in Dorset. An opportunity has arisen to join their hardworking, passionate and dynamic team as Head of HR.
The main purpose of the role will be to support all staff within the organisation, continuing drive and improvement of operational purpose.
- Develop and Implement HR strategy within the organisation working closely with the CEO.
- Analyse, report on a range of key people data, and translate that data into people solutions and strategy.
- Report and present to the Board or relevant committee as required liaising with the Trustee with special responsibility for HR.
- Build effective relationships with senior management; coach, advise and influence on medium and long term HR issues.
- Develop effective HR procedures and policies to reflect business aims and focus and to drive the culture and values of the organisation.
- Develop, lead, and direct the human resources team to deliver a comprehensive range of people solutions to the business.
- Give counsel, and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases.
- Champion a performance culture, coach managers and ensure processes are effective to achieve high performing teams.
- Introduce and drive change management initiatives to support charity strategy.
- Devise people plans including recruitment and retention and oversee the development of robust operational solutions for the organisation.
- Ensure the charity is kept abreast of sector developments and best practices.
- Develop and introduce remuneration policies.
- Lead and reinforce the ownership of people management processes by the organisation and seniors.
- Ensure senior colleagues and trustees are informed of HR performance through clear metrics and reports
- Recruit and maintain a flexible and effective workforce to meet the needs of the organisation
- Ensure that all staff undertake appropriate induction training, all staff receive supervision and appraisal consistent with Charity policy and support a culture of continuous professional development
- Ensure effective cross-functional communication
- Develop and maintain effective systems that ensure compliance with and provide management information including but not exclusively in respect of Regulatory obligations (Ofsted, CQC, Charity Commission, Company House), Charity policy and procedure, Health & Safety and financial performance
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A degree or equivalent qualification within Human Resources Management
- Qualified CIPD member
- Extensive experience in a senior HR role
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Commercial acumen and credibility
- Extensive experience of managing a team
- Faultless communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough working knowledge of UK employment legislation
- Experience of managing redundancy programmes
- Experience of dealing with complex organisational change programmes
A strategic thinker who is forward-looking with a coaching approach to develop others. A Change Maker with the confidence to lead from the front but to reflect and shape actions to bring the best out in people. As a problem solver, you will be self-motivated and be able to evaluate different options for solutions. Ability to challenge status quo and focus on long term horizons.
Hours of work.
Able to work full-time hours to meet business needs. Typical working hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm with flexible hours required on a regular basis. As the charity provides a 7 day a week service, the job holder should be willing and able to work on occasion where required at a weekend. This is likely to be at least 4 times a year when time in lieu would be arranged.
The nature of the work within Human Resources entrusts people with confidential information about the colleagues within the organisation. Any breach of this confidentiality will constitute gross misconduct.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.