H&S Manager- J1882BB
We are currently working with an outstanding charity based in Dorset. An opportunity has arisen to join their hardworking, passionate and dynamic team as a Property, Facilities and H&S Manager
Line Manager: CEO
Direct Reports: Health & Safety and Compliance Officer, Caretakers
Position Type: Permanent, full-time
Hours of work: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (52 weeks). Half-hour unpaid lunch break. Occasional travel will be required for other charity sites.
Main purpose of the role:
To deliver high-quality property and facilities management services to support the needs of the Charity ensuring all Charity properties are fully maintained, effective and fit for purpose and meet all legal requirements and regulations for health and safety compliance.
- Ensure professional property and facilities services are delivered in line with the all-statutory requirements.
- Ensure all works and maintenance activities comply with current statutory legislation and Codes of Practice ensuring all sites are fully maintained, effective and fit for use;
- Ensure all sites are kept in good structural and decorative order and that lifecycle expenditure for refit and replacement of assets is managed in accordance with Charity’s budget;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements for health and safety compliance and manage all health and safety policies, procedures and processes for all sites.
- Responsible for negotiating properties and facilities management contracts with external providers.
- Maintain a sound system of recording and monitoring for all property and facilities management contracts.
- Carry out regular health and safety audits on all sites to monitor compliance and publish action plans to resolve non-compliance issues managing to completion within deadlines.
- Effectively manage quality and compliance for all services for property, facility and health and safety interfacing with Service Lead to ensure all service standards are delivered.
- Single point of contact for all matters pertaining to property, facilities and health and safety for all sites.
- Lead on any building refurbishments as and when required.
- Manage maintenance contractors in line with regulations
- Ensure that all direct staff undertake appropriate induction training; all receive supervision and appraisal consistent with Charity policy and support a culture of continuous professional development within the team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ideally qualified to ONC/HNC in building or engineering subject, or similar.
- IOSH qualified (essential).
- NEBOSH qualified (desirable) willing to undertake further study if not already qualified.
- A progressive, dynamic and flexible approach to the delivery of properties, facilities and health and safety
- A proven track record of properties, facilities and health and safety.
- An experienced senior professional trained in Health and Safety
- Extensive knowledge of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Building, Electrical and Mechanical Regulations
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems, develop opportunities and implement innovate solutions/approaches
- Demonstration of high performing teamwork, implementing initiatives and working on own judgement and decisions
This job description reflects the present requirements of this role. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.