J1686 – Manual Miller & Programmer
Our client is an outstanding Manufacturing Company, Est in the 1960s and still growing. They create and develop some of the most advanced vacuum systems. They design, deliver and support and are well known for their excellent service and innovative ideas.
They are currently looking for a Manual Miller & Programmer to join their team in Hailsham.
The main purpose of this role is to operate the manual mill, in order to produce high tolerance parts and components. You will be responsible for operating the following machines: Edge 2000, SMX 5000, SMX 3000 as well as writing and modifying programmes using Prototrak XYZ.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ability to read engineering drawings and operate manual machines
- Writing and modifying programmes using Prototrak XYZ
- Able to use appropriate measuring equipment
- Clocking on works orders to initiate the start of the job
- Meet deadlines for internal and external customers
- Improve efficiency by working to reduce set-up
Desired skills & experience:
- A proven track record of understanding how to use machines and problems associated with machining different shapes and sizes of components
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Experience in writing and modifying programmes using Prototrak XYZ
- Experience using the following machines: Edge 2000, SMX 5000, SMX 3000
- Have an understanding of how parts/material will react after and during machining to be able to foresee potential problems before they arise.
- Capable of using the relevant measuring equipment that is suitable for the tolerance band being checked
- Understands and works to the 5s program.
Salary: £30k or £15.60/hour
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Good pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Flexible working (37 hours) Mon – Thurs starting between 7-9am and finishing between 4-6pm. Friday 7am-12pm
- Appropriate work wear provided.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.