J1854 – Manufacturing Engineer
Based in central East Sussex you will be working in a specialist-niche engineering and manufacturing company. They have a strong market position both in the UK and Internationally and a team that work together to meet very specific customer requirements.
A determined, motivated and experienced Manufacturing Engineer is required to join the team as soon as possible!
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will:-
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information (such as calculating production/material costs or supporting make or by decisions).
- Design CNC programs using CADCAM (Alphacam) – experience of AlphaCAM is a MUST!
- Lead operations improvement activities, identify and implement best practice manufacturing methods, improving quality and productivity and reducing waste/cost.
- Provide production engineering support and expertise to operations staff.
- Evaluate and recommend new methods, design changes, tooling and fixtures to reduce manufacturing and assembly time.
- Product cost reduction with process capability.
- Train and support operations staff, providing expertise and create training manuals/work instructions as required.
ESSENTIAL experience and skills you need in order to apply for this role include:-
- Exposure to low volume and batch production environments
- Knowledge of engineering components (BOMs, Ops and Routings)
- CNC programming and editing, either on the machine or via CADCAM (AlphaCAM)
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office/ERP) and communication skills
Our client would also like you to have:-
- A qualification to Degree level in Manufacturing/Production engineering
- Experience of a manufacturing environment (machining)
- Knowledge of welding techniques
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and process control methods
- High levels of motivation / capable of working in a team environment / good at listening to and following instructions / able to work on your own initiative / a positive, co-operative and willing attitude to comply with company policies and procedures and work constructively with colleagues
In return, our client offers a competitive salary, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, company pension scheme, life insurance, flexible working (37 hour week), occupational health checks, occupational sick pay, income protection insurance, employee assistance programme, eyecare, workwear, refreshments!
If you meet the above requirements please apply without delay with your cover letter detailing why you fit the bill! We look forward to hearing from you.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.