Metal Polisher J1681BB
Our client is expanding production due to a growing order book, so this is a key role in supporting that growth. For those seeking further career opportunities, this organisation prefers to promote from within.
OUR CLIENT COMPANY
Based in East Sussex, our client is a highly successful engineering company with creativity at its core. The company has grown substantially in recent years and plans to continue that growth. They have a strong market position and a team that work together creating bespoke pieces for beautiful interior spaces, mostly in non-ferrous materials.
The company requires a Metal Polisher to join their busy team in Eastbourne to become an important team player. You’ll learn to work on bespoke lighting, furniture and hardware products in all their many and various forms. You will be an important part of the workflow through the factory, so you will need to work to deadlines and co-ordinate your work with other individuals and teams.
Main function of role:
To ensure products that require surface finishing meet our client’s requirements and expectations, whilst adhering to all applicable Quality and Health & Safety legislation.
- Polish metal items to a high standard finish, prior to colouring and plating
- Equipment maintenance and Health & Safety monitoring
- To adhere to the Company Health and Safety policy and always wear appropriate PPE and use the safety equipment provided.
- Assist with general workshop duties, as required
- Effectively communicate, both internally and to prospects, suppliers, clients, etc
- Ensure work areas comply with our client’s required levels of ‘Housekeeping’.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to our client’s schedules.
- Quality control, including supporting colleagues in avoiding/correcting mistakes.
You will be working with experienced individuals in an engineering/manufacturing environment here a continued flow of production is required. Because of the nature of the company’s products and reputation for high quality, especially among architects and interior designers, finished goods need of an outstandingly attractive and consistent appearance.
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to work to our client’s specific requirements and high quality standards.
- Basic knowledge & experience of Engineering, Manufacturing principles
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines and be able to prioritise workload
- Surface finishing and polishing of non-ferrous metals
LOCATION & HOURS
The company offices and factory are in Eastbourne. It is formally a 40-hour week.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Negotiable, depending on experience.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.