Production Manager (Exhibition Stands) – J1826BB
Our client is an established and successful full-service events agency on the Sussex coast that serves the UK and Europe. Their prime focus is live events, marketing events, summits, exhibition stand design and build, conference production and special builds and experiential. The winners in this sector will be those with the vision to turn technology into real and practical applications that deliver a different proposition in a busy market. They already have an impressive customer list of household brands.
We will be pleased to provide our clients company name to qualified candidates at the end of the first screening telephone interview.
Reporting to the Operations Manager/Director, responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a project safely, competently, professionally and profitably.
- Purchasing goods and services in-line with company procedures
- Creating and amending client specifications and quotes
- Preparing and maintaining a costing spreadsheet throughout the project lifecycle
- Obtaining costs from suppliers and ensuring compliance with agreed specification
- On request, using pre-defined project management software to manage a project
- Creating and maintaining physical and electronic job bags
- Clearly communicating the critical project dates to the Operations Manager and the management of thereafter
- Managing on-site installations safely and professionally
- Seeking written sign-offs internally and from clients, keeping record for all documents
- Appointing, instructing and managing contractors in consultation with the Contracts Manager
- Invoicing a project in accordance with agreed payment terms, and ensuring payments are received before installation commences
- Maintaining a full understanding of the project specification and production methods, ensuring technical drawings are always up-to-date
- Reading, understanding and acting upon pre-defined event regulations
- Overseeing the creation and amends for design concepts, technical drawings and graphic specification documents
- Checking all elements of your project at every key stage of the project process including picking, packing and loading
- Conducting on-site safety briefings with installation teams, upholding the Company’s standards
- Preparation of health and safety RAMS documentation for picking, packing, handling, loading, transport, install, de-rig and return to store.
- Identifying and overcoming any site hazards with installation teams
- Conducting and documenting site surveys
- Instructing structural engineers and other specialist engineers
- Ensuring billable hours are understood by the project delivery team and are within agreed budget
- Maintaining open communication with suppliers, contractors, clients and internal teams
- Delivering projects to the agreed profit margin
- Arranging and overseeing the transport, handling, storing and/or disposal of items after an event – including liaising with the client about cost and booking internal and/or external storage resources
- Keeping a clear and auditable written record of all key decisions throughout a project’s lifecycle, which complies with ISO 9001 requirements
- Documenting and seeking written sign-off from clients for both pre-production and on-site production extras
- Supporting Senior/Junior Production Managers
- GCSE in Maths at Grade C or equivalent
- GCSE in English at Grade C or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience in Exhibition and/or Events Management (3 years)
- Proven track record of project management experience (5 years)
- Proven people management experience (3 years)
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Good level of computer literacy, particularly regarding databases, Microsoft applications
- Previous project management experience in the industry, i.e. print house, signage fabrication, conferencing, modular exhibition display or custom exhibition
- Experience with Adobe Suite
The Project Manager will have excellent coordination and organisation skills. They will collaborate with the Account Management Team and clients to make sure that everything is to the client’s and Account Manager’s satisfaction, not just in terms of sticking to an agreed upon brief, but also making sure any last-minute extras are taken care of. They will have a variety of project management experience including but not limited to exhibitions, live events and fit outs.
Our client have new refurbished offices on the Sussex coast where’s there’s already an excellent working environment. But you’ll often be out with your team and travelling to meet clients.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
£28,000 – £40,000 dependent on experience
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.