Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Manager – J1765HF
Responsible for defining and managing the quality of all company products, associated processes and personnel. Improving quality in line with customer expectations and industry standards whilst reducing the Total Cost of Quality. Managing the Quality Management System (QMS), ensuring ongoing development, accreditation and compliance to ISO9001.
Responsible for leading Health and Safety for the business and instigating a program of change to achieve a zero-accident culture whilst ensuring compliance with all H&S legislation.
- Responsible for reducing the Total Cost of Quality including labour, process, audit, inspection, scrap, rework, complaints, returns, certifications and accreditations.
- Ensure all employees receive ongoing training and monitoring to understand the required quality standards, procedures and processes pertaining to their role.
- To instigate various KPI’s to drive improvement in quality standards and cost reduction to focus improvement activity and reach best in class industry standards.
- Ensure the timely monitoring of data and communication of metrics to ensure all operations staff have a common understanding of requirements and have the necessary visibility to resolve problems and drive improvement.
- Maintain, improve and ensure compliance of the quality manual, quality management system, quality management policy, quality goals and applicable legislation and regulations.
- Ensure all BSI audits are managed and resulting Corrective actions and Opportunities For Improvement are administered and actioned.
- Lead root cause analysis of quality issues relating to manufactured product, purchased parts and customer complaints to install permanent solutions and prevent re-occurrence.
- To own the RMA process, ensuring that customer feedback and fulfilment is driven to the highest standards of service.
- To administer the NCR, ECN, PIF & CAR process to ensure speed of containment, corrective action, identification of root cause and resolution of issues.
- To ensure that sufficient checks and inspection activity are in place to verify supplied components, in process quality and finished goods comply to specification and records are maintained to evidence compliance and control.
- To specify, install, calibrate and maintain all required inspection and measuring equipment, for all validation points throughout the manufacturing process to ensure customer requirements are met.
- To be the owner of the company’s quality-related documentation. This will include the creation and maintenance of the quality management system, quality plans, key points, maintenance schedules for test equipment, calibration schedules etc.
- To help provide DFM feedback to Engineering for new products and technologies.
- Assist with supplier selection through robust qualification processes, inclusive of aligning process capabilities and ensuring robust Quality assurance practices are in place.
Health and Safety:
- Responsible for leading improvement in Health and Safety standards to ensure compliance with current H&S legislation and the reduction of injury related incidents.
- Monitor H&S incident, near miss and risk data along with the establishment of KPI’s to drive corrective action and proactive improvement process
- Extensive experience in managing and implementing ISO 9001 and QMS.
- Ten years’ experience working in a similar manufacturing environment and possess a good understanding of using Quality and Process management tools and methodology, including 5S/6S, flowcharts, VSM, Kaizen, Pareto, QCPC, SPC, AQL, FMEA, 8D, Cause & Effect, Ishikawa, 5 whys etc.
- Must have experience of using CMM or Faro Arm devices and a range of metrology equipment typically used in machine shop environments. Close control of the position in 3D space of components and features requiring the use of data acquisition and measuring equipment
- Green or Black belt Six Sigma qualified
- Qualified to ONC/HNC level in Engineering/Manufacturing or relevant Quality professional qualification.
- Health & Safety Qualification to IOSH, NEBOSH, Diploma standard
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.