SEN Teaching Assistant – J1859LA
We are currently working with an outstanding charity based in Dorset, who are seeking Teaching Assistants to help support pupils aged between 3-19, who have special education needs.
This is a full time, permanent position with an expected start date of the 5th September 2019. A standard working week is 37 hours and you will be paid £8.68 per hour.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Assist staff at all levels in providing a happy, caring and secure environment for students
- Work under the instruction/guidance of teacher/senior staff members
- Lead in the delivery of programmes of work for classes, groups and individuals which are devised and monitored by the class teacher
- Assist the teacher in the management of students and the classroom
- Accompany teaching staff and students on educational visits and out of school activities
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers including reading and responding in home/school and telephone contact
You’ll also have the chance to work with specialist facilities – swimming is not essential, although you should be comfortable in shallow water accompanying students.
Others would describe you as confident, empathetic, enthusiastic and reliable. Good communication, literacy and numeracy skills are necessary. You will bring a good sense of humour and patience. Previous experience working with children and challenging behaviour is preferred, however not essential as training is provided.
In return, our client will offer a paid DBS check upon starting, bespoke training plans, healthcare plan, additional hours during holidays, pension scheme, career progression and free parking.
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS and satisfactory employment references.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.