We are working with a highly innovative pumps technology company. They are market leaders with ambitious growth plans worldwide and are an accredited institution of Mechanical Engineers.
They are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team in Eastbourne.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Supplier Quality Engineer works with Supply Chain and Suppliers to continuously improve performance of key system components (increase lifecycle, reduce scrap and rework) by implementing process controls and develop quality assurance plans.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION:
Reporting to the Quality Manager the supplier quality engineer is responsible for overall supplier quality.
SCOPE OF JOB:
The SQE tracks data, identifies improvement projects, and manages cross functional implementation to improve performance of key components and suppliers.
• Technical element that would be used to resolve technical issues,
• Administrative element that would manage the metrics and the process (Supplier Quality Management)
This position requires leadership skills that would enable the SQE to drive major Quality improvement projects across functions our supplier base and internal business processes to qualify new components, supporting issues with current production, developing new suppliers to reduce cost, increase capacity, and auditing suppliers to ensure process conformance.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS LEVEL:
• Four (4) year BS Engineering Degree (Industrial or Mechanical Engineering)
• Five (5+) Years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 4 years Quality Engineering Experience
• Supplier Auditor IRCA accredited
• Position will require some travel
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Supplier Quality capacity
• Casting background (Sand, and Investment casting, Shaw casting process)
• Good Qualitative and Quantitative skills
• Experience in Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and program management
• Knowledge of quality and business systems
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be a critical thinker and active listener with good time management skills to work with Suppliers to define deliverables
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and presentations
• Proven leadership skills
• Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn about new processes with very little information provided
• Lean Six Sigma training (Certification preferred)
• Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
Salary: IRO £40k
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.