We are working on behalf of a successful wholesaler based in Staplehurst, Kent. They supply business supplies to a variety of clients across the UK. They are a family run business that offers a friendly working environment with a strong team spirit. They are now seeking a Supply Chain assistant to join their team.
The successful candidate will have strong administrative experience, ideally with some exposure to stock control or supply chain and be numerate with great communication skills. This is an extremely analytical role that requires a focused approach in order to maintain high levels of accuracy.
Reports to: General Manager
Purpose: The purpose of the role is to ensure that there is enough stock to meet customer order
requirements by analysis of historical usage reports combined with further administrative tasks relating to purchasing and stock management.
- Stock analysis via running standard reports
- Purchasing products
- Report on out of stock items
- Chasing orders for delivery
- Dealing with returns and faulty products
- Booking goods in on arrival at site
- Building relationships with suppliers
- System maintenance and general administration
- Supporting the Supply Chain Manager
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy, particularly Excel
- Ability to build a rapport both internally and externally
- Time management
Hours: Monday- Friday 9am- 5pm
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.